Wednesday, November 27, 2013

i don't know about you...

but doesn't having cancer just bring out the poet in you?

i used to write poetry all the time as i was growing up, especially when i was in high school. the words flowed through me and i could never write anything down fast enough.

there were times during my stem cell transplant that this happened constantly, but i was too sick to get up and grab a pen and paper.

the following poem was written a couple of months before my transplant. i was feeling lost about everything, as you'll be able to tell.

my advice about a harsh thing like this? whatever creative animal keeps harping at your brain-- just write, sing, dance, paint it out. there's a lot more about to flow through you...


"unnamed"

happiness ever fleeting
love never ending
like my heart betrayed me
i can't hear the music anymore.

how to work through the pain
when you're left helpless, bound
nothing anyone an do
just like you'll never be found.

your mind turns dark and cold
anger, fear, like being on the edge of despair
tears never stop flowing so it seems
and you're left gasping for air.

when will i taste my life again?
when will i once again be whole.

-written by me©, 6.12.13

No comments:

Post a Comment