Thursday, May 8, 2014

Inspiration Thursday!

(Pic Above: December '13-- me, my great niece, my 'nephew', my bestie)

When I was about 8 years old, my Grandfather had passed away and it was the most traumatizing thing in my world, it shook it to the core.

The following summer, a new family moved in across the street to my house. My Mom came back and took me with her to introduce me to said family because they had a little girl my age.

We spoke for barely a minute when I suddenly proclaimed to the new neighbor girl that we were best friends.

And the rest is history.

I can't explain what we've been through together. First crush, sleepovers galore, first kiss, boyfriends, fights, food, blogging, husbands, cancer, pregnancy, EVERYTHING....basically, it's taught us that nothing can be thrown at us without us pulling through, individually and together. 

She was my first friend who made me laugh til I nearly peed, probably sometimes did pee, and who has walked this path of life with me for the longest. Definitely serious past life stuff going on here, and I have this connection with so few people <3

So she has started a blog, and being an inspiration, I wanted to share her with you!

A link to her Blog, Healthy Obsessionista--- right here.... What prompted you on the quest for all things health and wellness? A: I always hated taking medicine. And when I began working for a chiropractor first when I was 19, I knew that alternative approaches were more my speed. It seemed to snowball from there. Chiropractic, naturopaths, acupuncture, reiki - and hand in hand with those practices are nutrition, supplementation. The holistic approach encompasses all. I liked that. I was inspired to always go beyond symptoms. Instead of taking an Advil or something for a headache- I wondered to myself at 19, why do I have the headache to start with. Your other passions include... A: Where to begin? Art almost fort and foremost has been ingrained in my very being. I enjoy any creative endeavor- painting, cooking, singing or writing. Often I'm more private with my art- I share some of my work, and enjoy when people respond positively of course- but there is a part of me that likes to create and keep it for myself. Yoga and mindfulness are things I am passionate about as well. And food! Oh wow- food is something I am always excited to talk about. What inspires you? A: first and foremost nature. We are just a cog in the machine that is nature. I find when I'm in sync with mother natures flow I'm much happier and things seem to just work and you can really see- as opposed to getting bogged down by drama and nonsense. Has your research and knowledge changed your life? There's a quote by Maya Angelou that answers that perfectly; "when you know better, you do better"... Of course instill eat things here and there that I okie aren't necessarily the best choices, but I'm mindful of their impact, and don't make it an everyday thing. What would you say to someone who challenges the health and wellness lifestyle? A: I have been challenged many times and ultimately we are all on our own paths. Who am I to force anyone to see things my way? I lead an live by example. And one of my favorite sayings is there are threw things that can not long be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth. How would you encourage a new-comer to a healthier, happier lifestyle? A: Anyone who is a kindred spirit gets my respect. It takes courage to deviate from the norm- to leave your comfort zone. I'd let them know that the healthy choices they are making today will help them feel vibrant and better tomorrow. Where can we find some of your work? A: Actually you can see my hard work as a former sale rep on the shelves of every whole foods in The north East. I have successfully placed over 40 brands in all the stores. Are there any resources to begin a newbie on their own quest? A: with so much information and misinformation on the internet- you have to confer with like minded individuals. Seek out a guru if that's your thing. Herbalists and chiropractors will chat with you. Often employees at a natural food store will have some great tips and information.


Again, Please check her out! She's flippin' awesome <3

Lots of Love
the globetrotting gamine

No comments:

Post a Comment